HARRISVILLE PLANNING BOARD
Notice of Public Hearing
Please be advised that the Planning Board will hold a public hearing beginning at 7:00 P.M. on Wednesday, November 13, 2019 at the Harrisville Town Offices on the following proposed zoning amendments:
(1) To amend Article XXVI, definition of dwelling, to be consistent with the State Building Code.
(2) To amend Article XXVI, definitions of structure,to better distinguish between permanent and temporary structures.
(3) To amend Article XXVI, definition of impervious cover, to better define examples of such cover.
(4) To delete section 20.1.3 regarding special exception approval for wireless communication facilities, in order to be consistent with the new Article XIX, which no longer requires a special exception.
(5) To amend Article XXIX to remove all references to “existing” single-family homes, in order to be consistent with state law; and to revise the Purpose Statement.
(6) To amend Section 4.1.14, Impervious Cover to increase the allowable impervious cover from 20 to 30 percent of the lot.
(7) To add a new section to the ordinance that allows for the placement of ground-mounted and roof-mounted solar energy systems, subject to a review process.
(8) To amend Article XVII Signs, by adding a Purpose Statement, making a number of changes to the section, renumbering the section accordingly, and deleting all references to “advertising” related to signs elsewhere in the Zoning Ordinance.
A full copy of the proposed amendments is available at the Town Offices during regular business hours. Anyone needing assistance to attend this meeting should contact the Selectmen’s Office one week prior to the meeting date.