Harrisville Old Home Days, Friday – Sunday July 1-3, 2016
FRIDAY JULY 1 – All events are at the Canal
- Annual Library Book Sale 5 – 7:00 pm
Hundreds of books from which to choose. Come have a look. There’s something for everyone!
- Farmers Market 5:30 – 7:00 pm
At the red barn.
- Ice Cream Social 6 – 7:30 pm
Create your own sundae, $4.00 each. Sponsored by the Moschan family and The Community Church. Rain venue, Fellowship Hall inside the church
- Nelson Town Band 6:45 – 8:00 pm
A perennial favorite at Old Home Days. Come enjoy the rousing tunes of this well-loved band. Remember to BYO Chair! Rain venue, right inside the church.
SATURDAY, JULY 2 – 10 am – 3 pm on Canal & Island Streets
Fun For Everyone – All Day Long!
- Craft Fair
- Live Music
- Food Vendors
- Children’s Under-the-Sea-Themed Crafts
- Children’s Games
- Moon Bouncer
- Cake Walk and Silent Cake Auction
- Face Painting
- Lobster & Clambake Raffle
- Tickets (benefitting HCC) available at Headquarters Tent
- Water Power Tours of the Village, 11:00 am (meet at HHI tent)
- Mill Buildings Tours,1:00 pm (meet at HHI tent)
- Firemen’s BBQ tickets available at firetruck. Firemen’s BBQ held Saturday, July 30.
- 3rd Annual Children’s Parade ~ 1 pm
- Now Showing “Finding Nemo” 6:30 pm at St. Denis Hall
Bring a comfy cushion or pillow and have some fun with Nemo, Dory and all their friends!
SATURDAY JULY 2 – Musical Entertainment
- 10-10:45~Sharrock Family
Harrisville’s own Sharrock Family–Jim, Cheryl and Miriam–will bring you a collection of music from light classical, classic American pop, a few originals and a surprise or two . . . Something for everyone!
- 11-11:45~Folksoul Ensemble
Returning to Old Home Days is the duet of Leslie Vogel and Fred Simmons. With Fred on guitar and trombone and Leslie playing accordion and keyboard; they will be singing traditional to original American Roots songs that will get your feet tapping. Come and check them out. Their website is at www.folksoul.com
- 12-12:45~The Volunteers
Some members of The Volunteers Band will play many styles of music, such as folk, rock, bluegrass, reggae, and country, as well as originals.
- 1-1:45~Nate Watkins
Nate grew up in Harrisville and started his music education at age 10. His first big performance was at the Zucchini Festival, in Harrisville, where he sang the “Zucchini Song” written by David and Susan Lord. He continued developing his musical skills during his high school years in Keene. Nate soon moved on to major in music at Skidmore College where he sang in an acappella group, a rock band and an acoustic duo. After college he started building his career as a solo acoustic musician in various venues in upstate New York. Now living in the Boston area since 1993, Nate has been playing his crowd-friendly and energetic acoustic show all over the city 2-2:45~Jakob Stone Jakob Stone, a student at Plymouth State University, will be singing Broadway and Jazz Classics including songs like Some Enchanted Evening, Beyond the Sea, Come fly with me, and more.
SUNDAY JULY 3 – Morning events at Wells Memorial School:
- 8:00am – 10:30 – Breakfast put on by the Harrisville Girl Scout troop.
- 9:00 am & 10:00- David Kennard, of Wellscroft Farm, and his dogs will be demonstrating the art of herding sheep, on the field at Wells Memorial School.
SUNDAY JULY 3 – Evening events at the Beach:
- 7:00 – Live music by The Volunteers Band
- 9:15– Fireworks
Thanks! Gracias! Merci! Danke! Grazie!
We would like to thank all those who contributed their time and talent to make Harrisville Old Home Days 2016 a weekend to remember!
OHD 2016 Committee
Cathy Buffum, Maria Coviello, Jenny Foreman, Janet Grant, Ranae O’Neil, Pam Thayer