The Harrisville Planning Board held its regular monthly meeting on Wednesday, January 9, 2019 at the town office building located on Chesham Road.

Members present: Lisa Anderson Co Chair, Ned Hulbert, Jon Miner, Noel Greiner

Members absent: Ryan Stone Co-Chair, Peter Thayer, Courtney Cox

Members of the public: Winston Sims, Kathy Scott, Don Scott

The meeting opened at 7:00 pm.

Voting members
Lisa Anderson stated that the voting members attending were herself, Jon Miner, Ned Hulbert and Noel Greiner.

Agenda
Noel Greiner moved to approve the agenda. Jon Miner seconded. All voted in favor.

Minutes of previous meeting 12/12/2018
Ned Hulbert moved to approve the minutes as written. Jon Miner seconded. All voted in favor.

Cucchi subdivision application
As the Cucchis were not in attendance, this item was moved to the end of the agenda.

Ordinance Revisions – Zoning Ballot for March 2019 Town Meeting
Members discussed how information would be made available explaining the proposed amendments, their purpose, and how the proposed language differs from the existing ordinances. Copies of the explanatory material, already posted on the main page of the website, will also be available at the town offices, at the post office, and in the Town Report expected out late February or early March, and in Common Threads.

Regarding the draft ballot for Town Meeting, which the PB reviewed, it was suggested that a reference be added to the places where additional information can be found. It also was suggested that icons of ballot boxes be added so that the document looks like an actual ballot. The PB will present the draft ballot to the SB at its regular meeting Thursday, January 17.Noel Greiner moved to accept the proposed ballot with suggested revisions for March 2019 Town Meeting. Ned Hulbert seconded. All voted in favor.

Select Board Memo to Planning Board
Ned Hulbert noted that PB members had attended a SB meeting regarding the town’s use of Jaquith Road to access the sand pit and that, subsequent to the SB’s memo following this meeting, the PB hoped to follow up with the SB about communication protocol in the future. It will do so at the SB’s January 17 meeting.

Capital Improvement Plan (CIP)
Lisa Anderson noted the PB’s goal of preparing for PB involvement and communication with the SB regarding CIP matters that affect and involve PB initiatives. This would require a PB volunteer to be a liaison with the SB as needed. Jon Miner explained how the CIP is drawn up and that it includes all town roads, buildings and vehicles with maintenance and replacement costs, projected costs and projected sources of funding.

Lisa Anderson mentioned that, based on priorities relating to the Master Plan, additional volunteers will be needed for the transportation committee in its work on crosswalks and the broadband/cell committee, which will include the exploration with area towns of a fiber ring. Regional Cooperation also remains on the radar.

Planning Board Budget for 2019
Jon Miner will send the actuals to Lisa Anderson and Lisa will confirm with Carol Ogilvie about submission of her final invoice. Following discussion,  Jon Miner moved to tentatively approve the 2019 budget using 2018 budget and actuals a guide, with an increase in professional services expenses of $1,500, of which $1000 is for transportation and $500 is for Carol Ogilvie’s consulting fee. All voted in favor.The proposed budget will be presented to the SB.

Potential new PB members
Lisa Anderson noted Don Scott’s interest in joining. She will present this to the SB January 10 and will speak with NHMA about the matter of potential conflict with spouses on boards.

PB Annual Report for Town Meeting Report
Lisa Anderson will draft the PB submission for the January 15 deadline to SB. Members briefly noted highlights of the year’s activities.

Master Plan Process
PB members are asked to review Master Plan topics to note areas that they believe need to be updated or revised. The Master Plan was last updated November 2014. No specific timeframe for updating is required, but all agreed about the importance of keeping the document current.

PB Review of 2018
Next month’s meeting will include a discussion of specific PB training needed or other ideas on organizational matters – for example, what went well or what didn’t.

As there was no new business, members moved to adjourn at 8:06 pm.