HARRISVILLE PLANNING BOARD
Notice of Public Hearing
Please be advised that the Planning Board will hold a public hearing beginning at 7:00 P.M. on Wednesday, December 12, 2018 at the Harrisville Town Offices on the following proposed zoning amendments:
(1) To repeal and replace Article XIX in its entirety, creating a new ordinance to facilitate opportunities for broadband coverage in Town.
(2) To amend Article IV, 4.18 & 4.19 to better distinguish between home occupations and home-based businesses, and to apply appropriate levels of oversight to each.
(3) To amend Article V – Nonconforming Uses to remove confusing language, better define what is allowable for non-conforming lots, and amend the definition in Article XXVI to distinguish between the three types of non-conformities.
(4) To amend Article IV, 4.1.14, Impervious Cover and the definition in Article XXVI to encourage the use of accepted science-based water management techniques that reduce surface runoff.
(5) To amend Article XXVI, Definitions, by deleting certain definitions that refer to uses that are not permitted in the Zoning Ordinance.
A full copy of the proposed amendments is available at the Town Offices during regular business hours. Anyone needing assistance to attend this meeting should contact the Selectmen’s Office one week prior to the meeting date.